Sunkist® CAB-G4 Blemish, Color, and Size Optical Grading System
The Sunkist® CAB-G4 Grading Unit is a high speed, high-resolution electro-mechanical computer vision system. The computer vision system analyzes the complete surface of the fresh citrus fruit for a variety of quality attributes. These attributes include:
- Blemish (Defect) – light, medium, dark & total scar
- Color – average color, darkest green, or lightest color, peak color, variegation
- Size – average diameter, characteristic diameter or volume
- Shape – Aspect ratio and roundness
- Weight – 4-point weighing
All functions use nominal values for setting break points that are determined by running test fruit and adjusting these values accordingly.
Blemish, Color and Size Electro-Mechanical Grader- (CAB-G4)
- The mechanical carrier is a patented spool / lifter / movable solenoid assembly unit that operates at a constant speed of 10 pockets per second per lane.
- Multiple 2,4, 6 or 8 lane frames, up to 24 lanes, can be integrated and programmed to perform the functions of a single machine.
- The system utilizes a Microsoft Windows® platform for a fast/friendly operator interface, and elaborate reporting capabilities with over 20 reports to choose from.
- Technical support utilizing PC Anywhere® software, which allows for service support via modem line.
- Custom reports using standard Crystal Reports® data dictionary.
- Sales Office PC possibility for exporting of data in Excel format.
- Each lane is integrated with the multiple lane system.
- Fruit can be sorted by Blemish, Color, Size, Variegation, and Long-Stem.
- This information is transmitted to a host computer that allows an operator to interface with the system.
- The operator chooses the various grading values to determine distribution of fruit on the multiple fruit drop points.
CAB-G4 Mechanical System
- Each CAB-G4 Grading System consists of 4 or 6 lane modules up to a maximum of 4 per operating system.
- CAB weight carrier system features 4-point weighing for maximum accuracy and choice of 2.5” 3.75” and 5” spool pitch.
- The minimum system length is 27′ 10″ which has capability for up to 5 drop points.
- The system can be extended with 45″,90 or 110″ L. sections.
- Each module has an orienter motor and a main drive motor.
- Mitsubishi® A.C. inverters and programmer unit for main drive and orienter motors.
- PLC panel assembly with warning alarm and controls.
CAB-G4 Optical System
- The grading system is run by a PC with monitor, keyboard, mouse and printer.
- Optical housing complete with camera assemblies and lift/tilt assembly.
- Commercially developed task specific cameras and lighting assemblies for optimum grading capabilities.
- Power Saving Function, which utilizes state of the art technology illumination for fruit detection.
CAB-G4 Installation Requirements
- Access catwalks around and between the CAB-G4 modules.
- All feed conveyor, pullout conveyors, recirculation conveyors, fruit rail extensions, and lane dividers.
- All support hardware consisting of a 4″ sq. tubing frame and legs for each module.
- Electrical control panel and field wiring to power CAB-G4 modules.
- Power requirements – 3 phase power for motors, and power for PLC panel.
CAB Vision Technology: Oranges-Clementines-Lemons